The USS Constitution Museum, through its collections and interactive exhibits, tells the story of USS Constitution (“Old Ironsides”) and the people who designed, built, and sailed her.
The museum has several on-going exhibits which include
- All Hands on Deck: A Sailor’s Life in 1812: This is an all-ages interactive exhibit that explores the harsh realities of life at sea during the War of 1812.
- Old Ironsides in War and Peace: This exhibit goes through the building of the ship, her history, how she earned her fame, and why the US Navy preserves the 216-year old commissioned warship
- Old Ironsides War of 1812 Discovery Center: This series of interactive exhibits and games educates on were the causes and consequences of this forgotten war
- Constitution vs HMS Java: This exhibit tells about the entire battle between the Constitution and the HMS Java and the aftermath of the battle.
- Making Old Ironsides New: This exhibit covers the restoration efforts of the USS Constitution
It is always important to experience history, to learn about what happened before. Boston is full of living history so it is something that should always be experienced.